Managing News at your event
talque offers you several ways to keep all your attendees up to date at the event - before, during and after the event. One possibility is offered by the Custom tabs within your administration area where you can add various menu items such as map, info, help, contact person, surveys or a specific search in the event menu of your participants. If you want to provide your participants with news about the event within the app, work through the following steps:
1. Click on Custom tabs in your administration area.
2. Click the Add button under Custom tab headers.
3. Now choose your desired icon and the name. Since you want to create a news tab in this case, select the Info icon and give the tab a Label such as "News" or "Event Updates".
4. If everything fits, confirm with OK.
Now you can create as many pages, articles, updates etc. as you like for this news tab.
Stay in the area Custom tabs and click on Add in the view with the page titles.
Now perform the following steps:
1. In the Taxonomy area, click in the List under tab header field and select the "News" tab you just created (several tabs can be selected). Select Info under Page type.
2. Now add the desired content like title, text and images.
3. If you wish, you can also add an administrator to this news page to be displayed as a contact person by entering the e-mail of the desired administrator in the Administration field.
If everything is as you want it, confirm with OK.
The tab as well as the created news page for this tab is now seen by all participants in the event network and they can read your news.
You can of course change and adapt the news you have created at any time.
You can also send push notifications to your participants, which every participant then sees in their chat. This is recommended for short announcements that everyone should receive immediately. To find out how to send push messages, see Announcements.