Checking Jitsi Calls
For Jitsi calls between two participants the data is tranmitted directly between the two devices. For group call, the data is routed via the talque Jitisi server. We need to test both scenarios separately.
Check 1:1 Jitsi Calls
- Please establish contact with another participant by exchanging a chat message with the other person. Both need to send or receive a chat message.
- Make sure the other person expects your call. Now, in the chat window click on the [+] button and choose Start Video Call Now. You should first see the image of your own webcam and after the other persons accepts your call, both webcams.
Check Group Jitsi Calls
- Please establish contact in talque with at least two other people as described above.
- Create a group chat with you and at least two more people as members: - Click on the [+ Action] button in the talque menu bar and then on New group. Enter a group name and click on the Participants button. Add participants' emails and then click Finish.
- Make sure the other persons expect your call. In the group chat window click on the [+] button and choose Start Video Call Now. You should first see the image of your own webcam and after the other persons accepts your call, both webcams.
If the Jitsi video calls don't work, please contact your IT department and ask the to open the necessary ports
- Whitelist domains: *.talque.com (or the ASN AS16509)
- TCP ports 80, 443
- TCP + UDP ports 10000-20000
Further technical requirements for running talque can be found here.